Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Marathon update

So here is where I am with marathon training: Last Saturday we did 6.8 miles but I had to walk the whole thing because couple of weeks ago I got shin splints (ouch). My new shoes felt awful (once I got home from buying them of course) so I went to a place to see about insoles. Apparently I have freakish feet and while I wear a size 8, my left arch is in the position of a size 7 foot. The right arch is not quite in the same spot as the other foot (more like a 6.5 arch) and so they had to finagle my right insole a little. Apparently I am a prime candidate for custom orthotics. My shoes feel much better, now that the arch support isn't trying to lift my heel, but they really fatigue my feet. It will take some time for me to get used to them. Not that I can run though so it is a little frusterating. How ever, it does explain why I have had problems with my arches in the past and why I have always found shoes somewhat uncomfortable (I thought it was because I was too cheap to buy quality shoes). So after a couple weeks of wearing shoes that actually fit my feet, the pain from the shin splints should diminish and I should be able to run again. Hmmm.

On a happier note, I have included a picture of Jacob wearing some of his favorite footwear (my heels) and a picture of him after he smeared body soap all in his hair ( and his clothes, and the carpet. What a precious little angel). You can't really tell from the picture, he just looks really pleased.









No comments: