Friday, February 5, 2010

He loves rock and roll

Here is the story of Jacob's love for rock. It all started when I would let the kids listen to my MP3 player. I had put some children's church songs on it so that when they were getting restless in the car or in stores they could listen to some music and chill out. It also had my music on it (with no play lists created) including one song from blink 182 that wasn't inappropriate but had a heavy beat to it. I wasn't real thrilled about them listening to that song so if it came on I would skip it. I started to notice that Jacob had that song playing rather frequently and one time I tried to skip it he protested saying that he liked it. The little stinker had figured out how to skip through the music and would find this particular song over and over.

When Christmas came, one of his gifts was a big dump truck that could be controlled by buttons on the side. It also had sound effects, one of which was this heavy metal sounding music. (Pretty realistic for some construction sites, but a little weird for a toddler toy). As he was playing with it the music came on and Hannah said that she didn't like the music. I said I didn't either. Then Jacob chimes in:

"My do! (I do) It makes me go like this!" Jacob then clenches his fists and makes this gutteral growling sound "GRRRRRRR. and GRRRRRRRR!"

ooookay. No more rock for you little man.

2 comments:

Heather said...

HAHAHA! I'm LOVIN' it! Of course I'll be dealing with the same thing soon enough. Especially since Kenneth is a fan. Oh goodness, that boy does make me laugh.

Mimi said...

It has been a month since you have posted, and since I am in grandi-withdrawal (fie on bronchitis!)I need!!