Friday, February 5, 2010

This is real time people

I took these pictures about thirty minutes ago, so that means just before 11. PM! Let me begin by mentioning that Hannah has this incredible super kid power of talking FOR-EV-ER. When she talks, though, she also peppers in questions after, like each sentence so that the listener has to stay some what engaged. "Look at those trees, they are pretty! Aren't they pretty? Huh mom? Huh mom? Mom, aren't they pretty. I like trees, huh?, don't I mom? It is an incredible technique for getting what she wants because after 5-10 minutes I am on yes auto-drive and that is when she throws in: Can we make cupcakes today? I of course said yes and then four questions later realized that I didn't want to make cupcakes. Then being tired I put Jacob down for a nap, left Hannah playing in her room and stretched out on the sofa to read some Jane Austin. Nope, too tired. Fell asleep for 3 hours. Hannah woke me up at 6:45 saying she was feeling a little hungry and mentioning that it just might be dinner time since it was dark out. Got Jacob up, fed them and then Hannah was saying it was time to make cupcakes. Fortunately Jeff got home then so I could leave Jacob behind when Hannah and I went to walmart. Got home at 8:30. Hannah wanted to make these darn things as much by herself as she possibly could (read: this is going to take all night).
This is what part of my kitchen looks like. (I realize Hannah is wearing a coat in the first photo, she said she was cold. I promise we have the heat on in our house. Also, I mistakenly flipped the photo so that doesn't really look like the layout of my kitchen.)

This is what my living room looked like after we got back from walmart. Needless to say I am feeling a little defeated. I ate two of the "life by chocolate" cupcakes in an attempt to elevate my mood.


2 comments:

Rebekah Del Priore said...

Your kids remember the great times they have with you! You always seem to have quality fun and who cares if the house gets a little messy :) At least I have to tell myself this... I know it's hard to let go!

Coordination Queen said...

you made them from scratch?!?!? you are awesome. if my kids wanted to make cupcakes... they'd get a mix.