Friday, June 19, 2009

The dentist and Father's day

I am not very good at waiting for things. Studious followers of our blog might have noticed that there are always pictures of Easter baskets being opened, Christmas presents being opened etc. a couple days before the actual event. (No such luck with Halloween, our neighbors are quite the sticklers). Well Father's day is this Sunday but the kids and I decided "Why wait? Let the festivities begin!" We wrapped up tiny Twix candy bars and put little notes on them about why the kids thought he was a great dad. Jacob came up with something that was rather original and unfit for posting. Hannah taped two of them to the door and hid the rest. Then we made pictures, more of which Hannah taped to the door.
Then Hannah dressed up in her princess clothes and dressed Jacob in a pair of fairy wings (we like to refer to him as Wing Man), I was placed on look out duty, we turned off the lights and yelled surprise when he came in. Fun stuff. Oh, also, Jacob went to his first dentist appt yesterday. In our rush to leave I forgot my camera but just picture Jacob with both hands covering his mouth. (I was actually impressed that he did so well)! Hannah's first visit I took only her, she did great so her next visit I brought them both and they both FREAKED OUT!!! The dentist is called wild smiles and there are fake animals all over. I had to grab one under each arm and carry them until we got to the adult side of the office. Hmm, I had to do the same thing at Chuckee cheese the other week. I think I will start calling that the Super Freak. But I digress. So the dentist was able to look at his teeth but we didn't push our luck. Fortunately that makes for a much cheaper visit so we met my Dad for lunch.

1 comment:

Mikelene said...

I need to take my kids into the dentist. I've heard good things about Wild Smiles. Too bad our insurance won't let us go there.

Michael had so much fun yesterday (in nursery). Thank you! Out of the blue, he'll say, "Jacob? Hannah? Play!!" :)