Sunday, August 2, 2009

The little critter house

First off, doesn't Hannah look like 6 years old here!?! So we sold some of the kid's old toys (bless you Jessica for helping wrestle toys into the store, and sharing your bigger car, and listening to my kids whine). Hannah bought some clothes (which was weird given that there were a bunch of toys to pick from) and little kid makeup. Bad idea. She has very sensitive skin. The next morning she woke up and it was AWFUL. I should have seen it coming as she has had impetigo around her mouth like twice in two months. I threw it away and told her we would get something else. She picked out these little bears and rabbits which I remember having when I was little. I decided to help her build a little house for them (which is another thing I loved to do when I was little. Tauni, you are the best big sister ever)!

Jacob was totally on board too and I really had to remind myself that I was doing this with, and for THEM, not myself. I didn't quite get the "twizzler" that Hannah placed in the bedrooms ( a little crumpled up piece of paper that she said was to warm up their feet in the mornings) or the big red strip of paper that she glued to the edge of the box to make room for their pool and yard. I really wanted the rugs to be nice little circles but that was not happening either. Being a mom is rather therapeutic for those with OCD/perfectionistic tendencies. (I admit that I didn't let Jacob draw on the carpet or wallpaper though. Only posters allowed in this house buster).


I was rather impressed with the doors she made. I was wallpapering the living room and suddenly she put these little doors up so that the creatures could "get out of their rooms." Would you check out the 3D doorknobs!




2 comments:

Heather said...

What lucky critters! That's an amazing house they have. I love the doors by the way. Just wanted to tell you that you are an AMAZING friend Morgan. Thank you.

Love, Heather

Mikelene said...

Ohmygoodness! As I was scrolling down, I was thinking how much older Hannah looks in that 1st pic. CraZy! Cute little critter house.