Sunday, August 16, 2009

My exciting health update

I am sure that just the title of this blog has you all on the edge of your seats so here goes. Well first of all let me state that the news isn't exciting at all, that was just to lure you in. So let me begin with a certain side effect of crestor. It makes me feel like a dead sloth that was really tired. Seriously. I thought it was my iron but my fatigue kept getting worse. and worse. and worser. : ) (I know that was horrible english but it goes well with how I was feeling). I would get a full night's sleep, jog/walk 2 miles, shower, and then if I lied back down I would fall asleep. Then I would take 3 naps during the day. Oh, and when I wasn't napping I would just lie on the sofa. Cardiologist said that it could be the Crestor and a few days after I quit taking it I began to feel much better. Now I am on the lowest dose of Lipitor and I still take one nap during the day. I am not sure whether that is still from the crestor or if the lipitor is doing it to me also. It looks like it might be trial and error for the first little bit.

Next up: my legs. As mentioned above, I had started back to jogging and walking. I was taking it very easy since my six month break of waiting for the stress fractures to heal. The pain came back. I saw the orthopaedist and he said my body just can't handle the impact. So running is out unless I want to get rods in my legs. (Jeff has those in his legs and I think that having more than one set in a household is just freaky). I cried. I really love to run and my parents have decided to do the Myrtle Beach half marathon every year and I would really have loved to do it with them. Well, I am going to join the gym by our house so that the kids can play while I exercise and I am trying to be positive about it.

1 comment:

Coordination Queen said...

I'm sorry about your legs. That totally stinks. Hopefully the lipitor will be better for you.