Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Intervention!

I have a new addiction and it is remodeling/decorating blogs. It is so very very bad. I have always wanted to put up Christmas lights and in 6 years of marriage I have never done it. Until this year! I put a lit garland around the door and then colored lights in the tree which look very pathetic but will be easy to top next year. I figure I will do a little more each Christmas until I have it how I want it. I also planted ranunculus bulbs ( my favorite flowers) with pansies on top in the pots on my porch!
I don't think I had changed my mantle display in over a year or maybe even longer, not sure. I know it is Christmas time but I am waiting for the after Christmas sales to get things for next year. ( I may be an addict but I can still be sensible). Anyway, I love these colors and it still needs work because it doesn't feel quite right yet (I think I need to lower the sign a little, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated) but it makes me smile everytime I look at it.

Here are the little buckets I made for Hannah's two teachers. A school themed bottle of hand cleaner, gingerbread candle, and a Christmas themed display tile. Oh and did I mention that I am redoing my bedroom and master bath? When I am finished I will post the before and after pics. I am willing to start a support group if there are any others out there with this same problem. we can take turns meeting at each other's houses ( and bring a paintbrush).



2 comments:

Heather said...

Your teacher gifts turned out great! I never want to hear you say you aren't crafty. And thank you for making me laugh tonight, I needed it. Good luck car hunting!

Coordination Queen said...

I want to come to the support group... can we bring fun magazines to look at or deck plans... that's what I'm working on right now, after I get Jake to paint my bedroom tomorrow to match the new comforter I bought last week... yeah I definitely need to come to your group. Is it a 10 step program?