Sunday, December 6, 2009

Learning to spell

Hannah has been improving in her spelling which is nice because I don't have to dictate letters for her all the time. (Like when she wants to write the grocery list for me, if I am not feeling like mom of the year I tell her to draw it with pictures). There is also the downside. The other day she asked for some tape so that she could hang a sign on her door and this is what I found.
Not one, but two No Jacob signs. The lower one also has numbers (kind of) which I thought might be a room number but she informed me it was her bed time (9:45? you wish girlie) and then demanded to know when she could have an alarm clock. For such a smart girl there was a glaring oversight in forgetting that: 1. Jacob can't read and 2. Even if he could, he doesn't feel too restricted by rules, laws, or forces of gravity.
For those of you with inquiring minds, the other sign is a pictural representation of what she wants for Christmas with the curve dictating the level of desirableness. (We got the cat that's numero uno and the thing meows when it senses people near. um, even through wrapping paper). It will meow and Hannah will go over to it and say: that sounded like a sad meow. Jeff told her that it was because it hasn't eaten in months. Nice. I am putting another dollar in the therapy jar as I type.

3 comments:

Mikelene said...

LOVE the fact that she wrote a sign directed at the non-reader Jacob. That is awesome! And the meowing kitty? Maybe Hannah is hinting that the kitty is sad and needs to be unwrapped. ;)

You have a therapy jar? I should start one of those...

Coordination Queen said...

i love the therapy jar! try giving her a magazine that she can copy the words from... that's what i did with kylie. it provided hours and hours of entertainment. we've got some of those signs too. :)

Morgan said...

I will definitely try a magazine or one of those little kid word books! Great idea.