Friday, January 1, 2010

Eavesdropping

I was listening to the kids while I was doing dishes and it was funny. Jacob was playing trains, in a slightly grumpy mood since he hadn't had a nap and really just wanted to be left alone. Hannah kept trying to have a conversation with him and was touching the trains too much and generally irking her brother while not understanding why he wasn't grateful for her attention. Jacob starts mumbling about how I am a gubby and Hannah starts to vehemently deny that I am such a thing. He then switches tactics.

Jacob: mom is a meanie (what did I do? I am just quietly doing dishes)!
Hannah: She is not! Mom is not a meanie!
Jacob: yes her is!

Hannah runs to me (dang, how come I can't be left out of this?)
Hannah: Jacob just said that you are a meanie!
Me: I don't care. I know I'm not.

Hannah goes back to Jacob and tells him: Mom is a gubby but she isn't mean.
Me wondering what a gubby is.
Jacob: Flounder, don't be such a gubby!

Oh! They think I am a guppie.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Love it!

Heather said...

It's okay Guppie. I know you aren't a meanie. =)