Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jacob, Jacob, Jacob

Hannah was a flower girl for my brother-in-law's wedding and she wore this beautiful off-white silk dress. We don't really go places where she can wear that again. It did make it to church a couple of months but then became dress-up clothes. Anyway, I won't bore you with more details but two years later (the size ran large so it still pretty much fits) I dyed it pink. Hannah was excited and later that evening she brought it downstairs to me to see if it was dry enough to wear. I said it was and she immediately starts undressing in the middle of the living room. Jeff kind of drops his head to the side and rolls his eyes as if to say: Seriously? Right here? I laugh and say it is a good thing that he has Jacob to even out all the estrogen in the house. Then I glance down at Jacob and realize that he is gently brushing a barbie's hair.

3 comments:

Just Katy said...

LOL! Hannah has taught him well. Boys with sisters are the best. They're so much easier to live with. That's why I found Aaron - his eight sisters had him pretty well prepared :)

Mikelene said...

LOVE it!! Michael can be so girly at times, it drives Scott crazy. Ex: Michael has this way of calling stuff (puppies, littlest pet shop toys, babies, whatever) "SO cute" in this high-pitched voice. Cracks me up every time. Just think of what kind, considerate husbands our little boys will grow up to be!

Coordination Queen said...

At least he isn't putting on the dress... :)