Sunday, January 17, 2010

Um. can't think of a title

We have been sick. Well, Jeff is still sick, I am better and almost done with my antibiotic. Jacob is good, he got stuck with two seperate sicknesses but got over them. (Really need to shampoo all of the carpeting in our house). Hannah pretty much escaped unscathed. Where as the rest of us have been sick for weeks, Hannah missed two days of school and then recovered. I truly believe it was her pure love of school and ballet class that enabled her mind to demand that her body heal itself so that she would not have to miss another day. After being quarantined for so long with a two year with a stomach bug I was glad to get out of the house. We went to the zoo on Friday which was a perfect storm: no school, and it was free entry. Crazy busy and we stayed much longer than I had planned. About three hours later we trek back to our car and I can't find my keys because they are sitting inside the locked car by Jacob's seat. Lovely. I called Jeff to come unlock the car and while we are waiting, Hannah wants to talk.

Hannah: So, how did this happen?

Me: Well, when a mom is dealing with two kids sometimes she lays down the keys. Then I locked the doors.

After a pause, Hannah: Let's not do this again.

Feeling more than just a little irritated Me: It's not something I meant to do. It was an accident.

Another pause, Hannah: Well, maybe you could write yourself a note...

Hmmm. That's not really what I am thinking about right now, little girl.

It was okay because we went up this steep little hill to watch the train tracks while we waited for Jeff and I noticed that we awakened some slumbering ants. I told Hannah we had to relocate and she was ready to scoot (she is a little paranoid about ants) but I am getting Jacob off my lap and so she decides to go down the hill by herself. Running. The hill was probably only about 5 feet high but she goes flying down it and crashes right into the grill of the car parked at the bottom. And there was a family getting into the car right next to her. Call me a mean mom but I thought it was great. (She wasn't hurt).

3 comments:

Mikelene said...

I hope this doesn't make me a "mean friend" b/c your re-telling has me laughing out loud. For real. And that's what I need! So, thank you for having a hard day and being willing to tell all of blogdom about it. :)

Morgan said...

Oh, I can keep it coming, don't you worry.

Coordination Queen said...

So funny. At least we can laugh about these things later, right?