Sunday, November 15, 2009

More on the balloon animals

Doesn't he just look so excited!

Doesn't she look fascinated!

I think it goes without saying that Jeff is the more fun one in our house. My role was made more apparent two sundays ago when Hannah was sick and Jeff was going to stay home from church with her. We don't watch t.v. or movies on Sunday but when the kids are sick we make an exception. Jeff told Hannah that she could watch a movie but Hannah kept saying: "But what will Mom say, shouldn't we ask Mom first, etc. etc." Which makes Jeff fume especially since we show a united front with the kids - i.e. Your dad and I both give the same answers. She finally relaxes a little and chills out on the sofa with Jeff and some movies.
Three hours later she hears me pull into the driveway and jumps up to look out the door, then darts back to the t.v. and turns it off
Jeff: Hannah, what are you doing?
Hannah: I am just done! Frantically opens the dvd player and pulls out the dvd
Jeff again: Hannah, why are you taking out the dvd?
Hannah: I am just done watching! Quickly puts the dvd back in the case and puts it away in the drawer. -a little side note, they never do that when they are done.
Oh what a tangled web we weave.
And apparently I am THE BOSS. Or maybe just the mean one. hmmm.

2 comments:

dcprattfamily said...

He he... they know who's really the boss! Caroline does the same thing!! She always asks my permission first... and tells her dad "Mom won't like that!"

Coordination Queen said...

I think Mom is always the boss. They always ask me first, if I don't care I send them on to Jake. He usually refers them back to me...