Sunday, March 29, 2009

A frog named Bicycle



After we came home from church Hannah pulled the bicycles inside for a quick ride around the kitchen while she waited for lunch. Jacob's seat lifts up to reveal a storage spot and he likes to fill it with trains before he begins riding. This time he had a stowaway of the amphibian variety. Hannah came upstairs: "There's a frog downstairs!"
Jeff and I are unimpressed: "oh really?"
Hannah: "yes!"
Jeff and I still unimpressed: "Is it green?"
Hannah: "yes!"
Us again: "is it real?" (To our credit our house is currently infested with nice monsters. They are everywhere)
Hannah: "Yes!"
Us, a little more intrigued: "Is it inside?'
Hannah: "YES!"
And there he was, a real green frog inside our house. The kids loved it and Hannah promptly named him Bicycle.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

i would've freaked out - good thing y'all were calm about it.

Heather said...

aww! He's a cute little guy. I wouldn't have been the one to take him outside, (well if I was alone I reckon I would have had to) but what a cute little story. Hoppy trails bicycle!