Sunday, March 29, 2009

My fleeting flower-picker

Hannah loves to pick flowers. And then give them to others, mostly me. It is such a sweet yet inconvenient gesture because it can happen anywhere. If we are at home it is no biggie, I whisk out a tiny vase, place the flowers in with a little water and then discard them in a couple days. Other times she might spot some right when we are getting into the car, going into a store, or visiting the library. Not so easy to decide what to do with them and I came to see it as a little bit of a hassle. Then I realized that there is a very limited amount of time that I will be receiving these loving gestures from my sweet girl and my attitude changed. Now I accept them with a smile and it is wonderful to know that if she inquires where I placed the little bouquet I can reply, they are sitting on the front seat of the car, or they are in my purse (not, I dropped them on the ground the second you weren't looking). Now please excuse me while I clean out all the dried flower pieces from my purse.

No comments: